- The Green background symbolizes the Agricultural and Forested nature of Guyana.
- The White bordering the golden arrowhead symbolizes the many rivers and water potential of Guyana.
- The Gold that forms the golden arrowhead symbolizes the mineral wealth and its forward thrust.
- The Black bordering the red triangle symbolizes the strength and endurance of the Guyanese people-, which sustains the Golden Arrowhead’s forward thrust into the future.
- The Red triangle symbolizes the zeal and dynamic task of nation building which lies before our nation.
 Greene S, Emanuel S (2000) Guyana Our Country Our Home, pg. 163- National Symbols http://www.guyana.org/Handbook/symbols.html